Press Kogyo has set a basic environmental management philosophy and the promotion system necessary to achieve it, and effective initiatives are currently being implemented.
Placing value on our irreplaceable planet, we promote environmentally friendly monozukuri (manufacturing) in all fields of corporate operations, and we contribute to the development of a sustainable and prosperous society.
We take pride as a manufacturing company, placing value on the global environment and recognizing harmonious coexistence with society as one of our most important management issues. For this reason, we aim to continually improve our environmental management system and to enhance our environmental performance.
Complying with Environmental Laws and Regulations
To remain a trusted company, we will follow all environment-related laws and regulations as well as uphold our commitments to others.
Promoting the reduction of CO₂ emissions
We will promote the reduction of CO₂ emissions through resource and energy conservation by improving production methods, increasing work efficiency, and recycling waste.
Reduction of Environmental Risk
We will promote the reduction of the use and emission of chemicals and other environmentally hazardous substances, and the reduction of environmental risks due to noise, vibration, and odor.
Coexistence with Local Communities
We promote the beautification of the local community so we can coexist as a good corporate citizen.
Environmental Action Promotion System
ISO 14001 Certification
The Group has acquired ISO 14001:2015 certification, and we are striving for continual improvements using a PDCA (plan-do-check-act) cycle to achieve our environmental goals.
|Kawasaki Plant||Dec. 2018||ISO14001:2015||Manufacturing of Automotive Parts (Frame, Axle, Pressed Parts, etc.)|
|Utsunomiya Plant||Jan. 2019||ISO14001:2015||Manufacturing of Frame Side Rails and Axle Side Plates|
|Fujisawa Plant||Dec. 2018||ISO14001:2015||Manufacturing of Automotive Parts such as Frames and Axle Casing, Press Dies and Automated Welding Lines|
|Saitama Plant||Nov. 2018||ISO14001:2015||Manufacturing of Automotive Parts|
|Onomichi Plant||June 2017||ISO14001:2015||Finished Vehicle Assembly, Design, Development and Manufacturing of Automotive Parts and Assemblies, and Construction Vehicle Parts and Assemblies|
|PK U.S.A, INC.||Feb. 2018||ISO14001:2015||Manufacturing of Plastic Components and Metal Stampings, Assembling and Coating Chassis Parts, Body Panels, and Suspension Parts|
|THAI SUMMIT PKK CO.,LTD.||Dec. 2017||ISO14001:2015||Manufacturing of Chassis Frames, Component Parts of Chassis Frame, Suspension Systems and Transmission Systems|
|THAI SUMMIT PKK BANGPAKONG CO.,LTD.||Dec. 2017||ISO14001:2015||Manufacturing of Chassis Frame and Component Parts of Chassis Frame and Rear Axle Housings|
|THAI SUMMIT PK CORPORATION LTD.||Feb. 2016||ISO14001:2015||Manufacturing of Chassis Frame, Rear Axle Casing and Component Parts|
|PRESS KOGYO SWEDEN AB||Apr. 2019||ISO14001:2015||Manufacturing of Metal Stampings, Laser Cuttings and Welding Steel Parts and Steel Components|
We are working to reduce CO₂ emissions by promoting more efficient use of energy as well as energy savings during production.
- We have reduced power consumption and power loss by upgrading transformers at high-voltage substations.
- By applying heat-reflecting paint to the rooftops of factory buildings, we have reduced temperatures inside during summer and have conserved the power used by air conditioning systems.
- By automatically controlling air valves and pressure switches on compressors, we improved efficiency in the operating hours for compressors, while reducing the number of units in operation.
- We lessened the amount of LPG used by shifting to baking electro-deposition coatings at lower temperatures.
- We started using LEDs instead of mercury and fluorescent lights inside the factory to reduce power consumption.
The Company is promoting the 3Rs (reduce, reuse, recycle) for waste generated during production to minimize emissions.
- We sell metal scraps, cardboard waste, and other items generated during production as resources with value.
- When the wooden pallets used for shipping parts and finished products from the production line deteriorate with age, we repair them in-house and make every effort not to discard the wood chips (industrial waste) to reduce waste.
We are striving to reduce the amount of environmentally hazardous substances used in production.
- By switching the coating for frames and axles from oil-based to water-based paint, we intend to reduce atmospheric emissions of substances subject to the PRTR Law.
- When painting and sealing such items as cabins for construction machinery, we changed the cleaning solvent on the (thinner) sponges used to wipe off excess sealant to a neutral detergent, reducing the amount of harmful chemical substances that we use.
The reporting period covers April 1, 2019 to March 31, 2020, in principle.
Note that some reports include the results of activities conducted before or after this period or some data from planned activities.
Disclosure of Environmental Data
*：The Data verified by Japan Quality Assurance Organization(JQA)
Totals do not add up in some cases due to rounding off of fractions.